Thursday, 25 February 2016

Tea at 'Le Comptoir Senlisien'

Hello et Salut :)

I am sure that I will (at some point....) blog in French:D But for now, English is just fine <3
Even though I just posted yesterday, I thought: why not make another post and talk about my experience at the Salon de thé 'Le Comptoir Senlisien'

Going to coffee or tea places is something I try to do whenever I travel. My favorite is (so far) Ladurée (Covent Garden, London) which might seem cliché but I totally love it. I went there with my friend Sue and we shared an amazing afternoon tea :)
I used to have a favorite blogger (Suki-Pooki) who blogged about her coffee/tea experiences in different countries. Unfortunately, her blog doesn't exist anymore. :(

The Comptoir Senlisien is not that big and the light was quite dim, which created a nice and cosy atmosphere. I had the thé de la lune (moon tea) and a piece of rose cake. Both were soo tasty :))
They also gave me a tiny rose-shaped piece of meringue!
This place is located in the city centre and it's just super lovely. I went there after school and...I went there completely by myself! In fact, it was a really weird experience to go to a café/tea place without a friend :D And to just sit there and, well, not talk to anyone.



Instead, I read a book – or more likely, I tried to read it. It's a theatre play called Le Cid and as I am also visiting French classes (in this case a 4ième and they are currently talking about it in class) here in France, the teacher suggested I might as well read it. It's really hard for me to understand though :D She, however, is such a brilliant teacher. When I visited her class last Tuesday, I felt as if I was a student again, but in a good way! I really learned a lot about this play and I will continue visiting her 4ième :)

Do you read French classics? If so, are there any you would recommend? 
I worked on Gaston Leroux' Le Fantôme de l'Opéra for my undergraduate dissertation at university back in Germany (yes, the novel, not the musical). I don't think it counts as a classic (or maybe it does? I don't know) but I liked it a lot. The poetry of Baudelaire also fascinates me. Again, super difficult to understand and to make sense of for a non-native speaker (if you can make sense of it at all!)...

Bisous!
Kerstin

4 comments:

  1. Sieht sehr sehr süß aus!
    Laduree mag ich auch super gerne :)

    Liebe Grüße

    nilooorac.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerstin! This seems a bit crazy, creepy, and super coincidental but I just recently made a bounce back into blogging and am catching up on some blogs, yours included! Then I saw you mentioned me in this post! I feel so happy and honored you remember me! I am still alive and bouncing around lol
    I changed my name and url though to Mana and Manatales. I don't travel the same as I used to thus not much afternoon tea tales from other countries but I still travel from time to time.
    http://manatales.blogspot.ca/

    I think it's really exciting you've moved to France for an exchange! I know you'll have an amazing time. This salon looks adorable and I'm excited to read about your adventures abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the cake looks so good as well as the place itself ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been actively visiting blogs for a long while and it's great to find the time to connect back on our blogs again. Moon tea and rose cake sound like a heavenly combo. Makes me feel so whimsical and romantic. Dim but colourful pretty pic! Hope to see you around!

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete

 
{ Blog design by Tasnim }